An investigation that concludes that a market participant has violated the rules can be sanctioned by Nasdaq Oslo ASA, by either:
- an oral warning,
- a warning in writing,
- a violation charge on the market participant of up to NOK 2 500 000
In cases where the market participant does not comply with the duty to provide information on request by Nasdaq Commodities in relation to investigations, Nasdaq Commodities may impose a daily charge until the information is provided.
Market Surveillance regularly publishes reports for the previous period, which can be found on the Reports -page. Any sanctions imposed will be published after taking effect.
- June 22, 2016 J. Aron & Company is given a written warning for breach of the Market Conduct Rules
- July 4, 2013: The Disciplinary Committee’s recommendation in the case against MERRILL LYNCH COMMODITIES (EUROPE) LTD - violation of the prohibition against market manipulation set out in the Market Conduct Rules, section 5.1.
- March 4, 2013: Shepherd Energy AB is given a violation charge of NOK 150,000 for breach of the Market Conduct Rules
- July 7, 2011: Statkraft Energi AS given violation charge for breach of the Market Conduct Rules
- October 13, 2010: Lyse Handel AS - Nord Pool ASA issues written warnings for insider trading and breach of disclosure requirements
- September 9, 2008: Spectron Energy Services AS is given violation charge for breaching reporting rules
- July 4, 2008: The Exchange Appeal Board decision in Alfa Kraft AB appeal
- June 13, 2008: Norsk Hydro Produksjon AS - Nord Pool ASA issues a written warning for breach of the prohibition on insider trading in the financial market
- April 25, 2008: Board of Nord Pool ASA sanctions Alfa Kraft AB for market manipulation
- December 20, 2007: Imarex Energy AS, ICAP Energy AS and Quality Energy Brokers AS - Nord Pool ASA gives Written Warnings for Breaches of Reporting Rules
- June 28, 2006: Breach of the reporting rules by ICAP Energy AS