NASDAQ OMX Commodities provides trading and clearing of Nordic and international power derivatives, European Union allowances (EUAs) and certified emission reductions (CERs).
Trading Financial Power Derivatives and Carbon Contracts Benefits Include:
- Access to the world's largest and most liquid power exchange
- One of Europe's leading carbon markets
- The first exchange in the world to list EUA and CER contracts
- Flexible membership structure
- Electronic trading systems and voice execution
- Clearing of exchange- and OTC traded contracts
- Reduced margin calls by offering netting between markets
- Regulated exchange and clearing house
- More than 350 members from over 15 countries
- More than 130 members from over 15 countries in the carbon market
NASDAQ OMX Commodities offers a number of different power and carbon contracts covering a variety of different customer need including:
- Continuous product development to meet market demand
- Creating a liquid cross commodity trading platform
- Facilitating market liquidity through competitive fees and tight spreads
- Standardised products with a solid underlying rulebook
- Direct or indirect membership
- Nurturing trust through information transparency
The contracts are used for both trading and risk management purposes with a current trading time horizon of up to ten years, covering daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, season and annual contracts. All our carbon contracts are physically delivered. NASDAQ OMX Commodities Europe is the only exchange in Europe offering the complete product suite to members.
There is no physical delivery for financial market power contracts. Cash settlement continuous throughout trading- and/or the delivery period, starting at the due date of each contract, depending on whether the product is a futures or forward. Financial contracts are entered without regard to technical conditions, such as grid congestion, access to capacity, and other technical restrictions.
Members can trade through our user-friendly electronic trading system Genium INET Trading Workstation. In addition, members can also trade via numerous alternative Independent System Vendors(ISV’s) or through their own in-house system via an open API. For assistance, traders may also contact our multinational financial marketplace services.