NASDAQ Basic provides real-time Best Bid and Offer and Last Sale information for all U.S. exchange-listed stocks based on trade reports from the NASDAQ® Market Center and the FINRA/NASDAQ Trade Reporting FacilityTM (TRFTM) at a fraction of the cost of Level 1 data. NASDAQ Basic has greatly impacted the financial community since launch - combined, more than a 1000 firms are saving millions of dollars a year.
Save Money For Your Firm
NASDAQ Basic provides a lower-cost, faster, easier-to-administer alternative to the Level 1 products.
- Cost Savings – Per user pricing options focused on lower per-user rates — save an average of 75% off your Level 1 bill.
- Accurate Data – Based on trade reports from the NASDAQ Market Center — which leads the industry in matched market share of U.S. equities — and the FINRA/NASDAQ TRF.
- Faster Access – Avoid the latency of data from the Securities Information Processor (SIP) and Consolidated Tape Association (CTA).
- Flexible Implementation Options – Can be deployed in a wide variety of investor tools including Watch Lists, Portfolio Trackers, Equities Top Ten Lists, Dynamic Tickers, Alerts, Intraday Charts and more.
Key Data Direct From NASDAQ
NASDAQ Basic will provide the following key data elements for all U.S. exchange-listed equities:
- NASDAQ Basic Trades (NLS) – Tick-by-tick price and size information for trades executed in the NASDAQ Market Center and trades reported to the FINRA/NASDAQ TRF.
- NASDAQ Basic Quotes (QBBO) – The best bid and offer and associated size available in the NASDAQ Market Center.
- NASDAQ Opening and Closing Price – The NASDAQ Official Opening and Closing Prices — the industry standard reference prices based on the NASDAQ Opening and Closing CrossesSM and IPO/Halt Crosses.
- Other Value-added Data – Includes Stock Directory, System Status and Trading Halt information for NASDAQ-, NYSE- and other regional exchange-listed issues.
Accurate Quote & Trade Data
NASDAQ has more liquidity than any other U.S. equities exchange, giving users of NASDAQ Basic a competitive advantage. NASDAQ Basic uses data from NASDAQ Last Sale to deliver quote and trade information – perhaps the most accurate quote and trade data on the market.
- On average, NLS is .025% away from the consolidated last sale.
- QBBO is 1% away from the NBBO 99.19% of the time.
*NASDAQ OMX Economic Research 12/2011